- Basic Server Hardening
- Check Server Security CHKRootKit : Detects hacker software and notifies via email RootKit Hunter : A tool which scans for backdoors and malicious softwares present in the server. APF or CSF : A policy based iptables firewall system used for the easy configuration of iptables rules.
- SSH Securing : For a better security of ssh connections.
- Host.conf Hardening : Prevents IP spoofing and dns poisoning
- Sysctl.conf Hardening : Prevents syn-flood attacks and other network abuses.
- FTP Hardening : Secure FTP software by upgrading to latest version
- TMP Hardening : Hardening /tmp, /var/tmp, /dev/shm for preventing the execution of malicious scripts and codes.
- PHP Tightening : Tweak PHP by changing the parameters of php configuration for better security and performance.
- PHP Upgrade : Compile PHP to its latest stable version which increases server security.
- Shell Fork Bomb/Memory Hog Protection : Protection against Telnet/SSH users using all of the server resources and causing a system crash.
- Update Control Panel to latest version
- Install Logwatch for investigating any suspicious activity on the server
- Turn off unused services and daemons
- Disabling Chargen to stop the server from being misused by an attacker in their efforts to disrupt another server.
- Symlink Protection
- Kernel Hardening
- Crontab Hardening
- MySQL Hardening
Basic Server HardeningAnees T2021-01-12T20:43:52+00:00