How to rebuild crashed MBR on Windows OS?
MBR is Master Boot Record, which is one of the main important data structure on the hard disk drive. MBR is created during the OS installation when the disk is partitioned
MBR typically contain some executable code called the master boot code, which will perform activation of partition by scanning and find the first sector.
In this situation, we can rebuild the MBR without re-installing the OS and you will not lose any of your important data 🙂
We can rebuild MBR easily by following the steps provided below.
All you need to do this is an installation disk of your current Windows OS
- Put/load the installation disk on the server and boot the server into the OS.
- Once it is powered on you will get a message like “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD …” and press any key immediately, to boot into the CD
- On the next screen appear choose your language, time, currency, and a keyboard then click Next.
- On the next screen, you can see an option called Repair your computer and click on it.
- In the recovery option appearing on the screen click on command prompt to open windows command prompt.
- Once the command prompt openes type Bootrec /RebuildBcd, and then press ENTER.
This will scan all the available windows installation in the server and ask us “Add installation to boot list? Yes/No/All:”
- Choosing Y will install MBR to the first identified windows installation and choosing “All” will install MBR to all available installation.
Once the installation completed you will get a message like “The operation completed successfully.” after that reboot the system back to OS and you can see that the system will boot to OS.
ServerAdminz provides Outsourced 24/7 Technical Support, Remote Server Administration, Server Security, Linux Server Management, Windows Server Management and Helpdesk Management to Data centers, Hosting companies and ISPs around the world. We specialize in Extended Server Security, Server Hardening, Support of Linux/UNIX/Windows servers, products and services.
ServerAdminz provides Outsourced 24/7 Technical Support, Remote Server Administration, Server Security, Linux Server Management, Windows Server Management and Helpdesk Management to Data centers, Hosting companies and ISPs around the world. We specialize in Extended Server Security,, Support of Linux/UNIX/Windows servers, products and services.
ServerAdminz is a server support company specialized in Outsourced 24/7, Remote Infrastructure Management, , Cloud and Enterprise Security Services. With over 10+ of years of experience in working with major Data Centers and ISPs with 130+ experienced technicians, we continue to manage more than 49,000 servers from 85+ countries and has bagged 5 international awards.
If you have any queries on how to rebuild crashed MBR on Windows OS, share your thoughts and our representative will get back to you.
[two_third last=”yes” spacing=”yes” center_content=”no” hide_on_mobile=”no” background_color=”” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” background_position=”left top” border_position=”all” border_size=”0px” border_color=”” border_style=”” padding=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” animation_type=”” animation_direction=”” animation_speed=”0.1″ class=”” id=””]