What is http error 503?
In our daily life as a server administrator we have to face, resolve and prevent many service errors in both Linux and Windows servers. The http error 503(Error Code 503) is one of common status codes that a server can use to respond to HTTP requests from clients, such as web browsers. Here I am discussing some details about HTTP Error 503 that is service temporary unavailable error and how to fix it.
This service may obtained where the application pool of your website is down. It doesn’t matter whether you’re accessing the web page by a desktop, tablet pc, or smartphone, the status code 503 is the way of informing visitors by server that the service they’re trying to reach isn’t available (Service Unavailable). Here I am listing some of the common errors which you are facing in the daily life.
HTTP Error 503
HTTP Error 503 The service is unavailable
Status code HTTP Error 503
HTTP Server Error 503
Error 503 Service Unavailable
503 Service Unavailable Error
503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
Service Unavailable – DNS Failure
HTTP /1.1 Service Unavailable
Why HTTP Error 503 occur?
Normally this error occurs because of the server can’t provide requested content by the user at the time. There are few reasons behind this.
- The server is getting frees, Such as its bringing in updates, Updating databases, creating backups or any network related issues and application hang are the main reason this kind of errors.
- Overload server is also caused for this error, there are many reason behind server overload. That are
- Improper configuration of applications
- Virus and spam attacks.
- Huge amount of traffic to the server
- Finally there should be a chance that the web server not able to find the appropriate source file from its location and there should be some incorrect configurations happened on the DNS server configurations from client side (router or computer).
Different methods to troubleshoot HTTP 503 errors
We can do this troubleshoots from server side and client side also.
- Be careful on the necessary hosting resources
Huge amount of traffic one of the main reason of server overload. Traffic is mainly depended on the basis of website visitors. So we have to careful about this traffic to avoid server overload
- Daily detailed checkup of program and application related errors
The server could be configured by incorrect programs or problematic plugins. This should be filter out by server admin and need to fix it.
- Update server applications properly.
Out dated software’s also a main reason of this error. So Keep eye on every software’s and update them if your web project require.
- One of the main troubleshoot from the client side is, Refreshing the Web page. Most of the case it enough to just refresh the page. We can do this simply click on the refresh button or alternatively use the [F5] key.
- Check and confirm client side DNS server is configured correctly and change the configuration if needed and also try to restart server and router from client side.
- Contact your server admin and inform the issue you which you are facing with the website.
ServerAdminz provides Outsourced 24/7 Technical Support, Remote Server Administration, Server Security, Linux Server Management, Windows Server Management and Helpdesk Management to Data centers, Hosting companies and ISPs around the world. We specialize in Extended Server Security, Server Hardening, Support of Linux/UNIX/Windows servers, products and services.
ServerAdminz is a server support company specialized in Outsourced 24/7 Web Hosting Support, Remote Infrastructure Management, NOC, Cloud and Enterprise Security Services. With over 10+ of years of experience in working with major Data Centers and ISPs with 130+ experienced technicians, we continue to manage more than 49,000 servers from 85+ countries and has bagged 5 international awards.
If you have any queries on http error 503, share your thoughts and our representative will get back to you.
[two_third last=”yes” spacing=”yes” center_content=”no” hide_on_mobile=”no” background_color=”” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” background_position=”left top” border_position=”all” border_size=”0px” border_color=”” border_style=”” padding=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” animation_type=”” animation_direction=”” animation_speed=”0.1″ class=”” id=””]