Cyber-attacks have been increased over the years targeting especially the individuals, and businesses. In the recent years, more than two-thirds of small and large business organizations have become the victim of cyber-attacks.
Email is a widely used communication system that can be categorized as open and closed. Open web-based services offer email accounts to everyone, either for free or for a fee. Closed web-based services are managed by organizations/companies and offer email accounts only to their members/employees. Email accounts are hacked primarily to seize confidential information from it. This turns to be very harmful and causes damage to profiles on certain websites, bank accounts etc. Each one of us should ensure that our mail account is protected.
Hacker comes in many forms to access your account illegally and they pretend to be a user’s account. Some of the hacker forms are
is formed by hackers and them unwanted commercial or bulk email.
forms a spamming framework over the targeted PC or emails which is a major threat to email security
is achieved by email spoofing or instant messaging.
HOW TO PREVENT HACKING OF YOUR PRIVATE AND COMPANY EMAIL?
- Use a unique mail for each task including work, personal, online shopping etc.
- Choose different passwords for each mail accounts and ensure that your password is strong enough so that the hackers could never steal your passwords.
- Never save the password in browser wherever you work.
- Enabling a Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is the best method to secure your account. 2FA requires not only the password, it asks you to enter an information that you only know like PIN, OTP etc.
- When you receive an email from an unknown sender, don’t take any action as it is a trick to gain access to your account and hack your password.
- Evade logging into your email account from a public computer because they may be infected by malware.
- Use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) for secure web traffic which encrypts the data passing through your network.
HOW TO PREVENT HACKING OF COMPANY AND PRIVATE EMAIL SERVER?
All the data about your business should be encrypted in the mail server.
Use Strong Password
A weak password paves way for a hacker to steal the password. So always choose a strong unrecognizable password.
Good antivirus software should be installed on computers and servers to scan the folders and files on a regular basis and the software should be updated to the latest version.
Installing firewalls secure your computer and gives a tough competition to cyber hackers while hacking.
Updated Operating System
Operating systems always build high-level security features to secure the user information, hence keep your operating system updated all time.
Install Intrusion Detection
If you have a good intrusion detection tool it will immediately notify you if your system is being tried to hack so always ensure your employees to keep an eye on his or her systems to notice if there are any signs of intrusion.
Take a backup of all your data as you should be able to recover the data if it is lost/corrupted
There are high chances of vulnerability if the data is open and accessible to everyone. Make an arrangement in such a way that the data can be accessed from office network or VPN connection
Hire Cyber Security Experts
Hire cybersecurity experts who can detect the cybersecurity risks and take measures to keep your data safe.
ServerAdminz is a server support company specialized in Outsourced 24/7 Web Hosting Support, Remote Infrastructure Management, NOC, Cloud and Enterprise Security Services. With over 10+ of years of experience in working with major Data Centers and ISPs with 130+ experienced technicians, we continue to manage more than 49,000 servers from 85+ countries and has bagged 5 international awards.
If you have any queries on how to protect your email server and company feel free to leave us a message and our representative will get back to you.